Keeping Our Guests & Staff Safe
This page will be updated in line with the Ministry of Health
At Bay Plaza Hotel, our first priority is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and wider community. As we continue to monitor the global novel coronavirus pandemic, we are committed to providing a safe & clean hotel experience.
We are following official advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health for hotels and monitoring any updates to this closely.
The steps that we are taking to ensure the safety of our guests & staff are as follows:
• Ensuring all onsite staff are thoroughly briefed on hygiene and pandemic procedures and are kept up to date with all circumstances.
• Providing hand sanitiser in common/general areas, at reception, the restaurant and in use meeting rooms.
• Pocket-sized Ministry of Health information cards are available on arrival, these include the Healthline 0800 number, a list of symptoms and what to do if you have symptoms.
• Sanitising room surfaces regularly in line with the Ministry of Health guidelines.
• Cleaning the reception desk and other common areas multiple times per day in line with the Ministry of Health guidelines.
• Increasing the frequency of restaurant cleaning.
• Working alongside our meeting/event organisers to meet any social distancing requirements they may have.
Please ensure you are practicing good hygiene and social distancing when visiting the hotel.
For a full list of guidelines from the Ministry of Health, please visit their website.