Keeping Our Guests & Staff Safe
This page will be updated in line with the Ministry of Health
New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 1.
At Bay Plaza Hotel, our first priority is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and wider community. As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to providing a safe & clean hotel experience. You can read about how we are upholding a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness at Alert Level 1 below.
The steps that we are taking to ensure the safety of our guests & staff are as follows:
• Ensuring all staff are thoroughly briefed on hygiene, safety and pandemic procedures and are kept up to date with all circumstances.
• Providing hand sanitiser in common areas such as reception, the restaurant, and in use meeting rooms.
• Ministry of Health information cards are readily available, these include the Healthline 0800 number, a list of symptoms and what to do if you have symptoms.
• Our lobby and common facilities are being cleaned & sanitised more frequently.
• At Alert Level 1 we have resumed full housekeeping services unless otherwise specified by our guests.
• We have implemented accountability and traceability for all of our cleaning procedures.
• Our hotel cleaning procedures can be provided for peace of mind on request.
You are still encouraged to practice good hygiene & keep a personal diary of where you have been when visiting the hotel.
For a full list of guidelines and government advice,
please visit the COVID-19 website.