Our commitment to your privacy
We value your trust and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website, stay at the hotel, dine with us, or contact us in any way.
We will only deal with your personal information in accordance with the
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our services, we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- contact information
- computer or network
- billing or purchase information
- your credit card number, name on your card, expiry date and card verification code (CVC) code.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information".
How do we collect your personal data?
The ways in which we may collect your personal data include (but are not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly from you or your authorised representatives:
- you signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- you visiting our websites, hotels, etc;
- you making a reservation or staying in our properties which we own and operate;
- you dining in our food and beverage outlets;
- you applying for a job with us;
- you participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- you using our products or services;
- you contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- completing of transactions;
- market research or surveys;
- conducting interviews.
Your Personal Information may also be collected from other booking sites (where you have booked accommodation through a third party website such as Expedia, or Booking.com) also third parties that you authorise us to contact, or by agents who are authorised by you to provide such information, or as otherwise permitted by the Act.
What kind of purposes do we collect your personal data for?
In general, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- do something that relates directly to our business
- conducting and completing transactions
- managing your reservation in any of our hotels, dining in our food and beverage outlets, or staying in properties that we own and operate
- providing customer service
- conducting market research and improving customer service
- conducting marketing promotions, newsletters, marketing materials, offering promotions and loyalty programs
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements
- maintaining investor relations
- performing evaluations.
We will only use, disclose and/or transfer your personal data for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- trusted third parties such as the NZ Police or IRD that work on our behalf to take any actions connected to collection of services .
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them.
We require any third parties to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter a certain type of information, we will be unable to provide specific services.
We keep your information safe by storing it in encrypted files and allowing only authorised staff to use it.
We keep your information up to seven years at which point we securely destroy it by erasing digital traces, some appropriate encrypted files are securely stored on our property management system, manual documents are shredded.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 385 7799, or Bay Plaza Hotel – PO BOX 9470, Wellington
If you have chosen to opt in (via feedback or registration card on check in) to our e-newsletter distribution list you will receive email marketing communications and surveys. You can choose to remove yourself from these communications by following the "unsubscribe" prompt at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites, or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites. Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular reports);
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preference that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site;
- Provide more targeted information where appropriate.
How to control cookies
You can adjust your web browser settings for cookies, for example if you wanted to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. However, if you do this, you may experience a loss in functionality on our website. You can find more information on adjusting cookie settings for your specific browser by using Google search.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies
We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Google Analytics – to keep track of website traffic reports.
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our site
- You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
CCTV Systems Policy
Bay Plaza Hotel have a duty of care under relevant legislative responsibilities to take precautions to safeguard the security, safety, wellbeing and privacy of our team members, guests, contractors and members of the public working in or visiting the hotel.
The protection of individual privacy is a fundamental responsibility for Bay Plaza Hotel when using technology such as CCTV and CCTV recording systems.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information via our CCTV Systems installed at our site, and openly display signage advising CCTV cameras are operating on the site.
We may also collect personal information about you from any person or entity sharing information with us for anti-social behaviour prevention and for law enforcement purposes.
The kind of personal information we collect
Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may be reasonably identified. The types of personal data that the Bay Plaza Hotel may collect about you from its CCTV Systems include images and other biometric data from our CCTV Systems.
Why we use CCTV Systems
Bay Plaza Hotel operates CCTV Systems to:
- Actively deter crime against the Bay Plaza Hotel people and property;
- Mitigate the risk of criminal incidents including Robbery, Theft or Assault against the Bay Plaza Hotel team members, guests, contractors, and members of the public attending our site;
- Utilise technology and openly promote the security of the Bay Plaza Hotel site to ensure the safety, wellbeing and privacy of people, in or visiting the site, while creating a more secure working environment;
- Capture factual evidence of crime, mal-practice or incident involving harm to any person, loss or damage to the property and to assist in any investigation; and
- Support our Operational Procedures, Health & Safety and Security programmes and to support the execution of any process pursuant to NZ legislation lawfully utilised by Bay Plaza Hotel, e.g. identification of trespassed individuals, identification of self-excluded persons.
Bay Plaza Hotel do not use CCTV Systems:
- Directed at showers, toilet facilities, changing rooms, first aid rooms or lunchrooms;
- To monitor the general movement of team members or contractors while going about their normal duties/activities;
- To monitor buildings, premises, or occupants unrelated to the Bay Plaza Hotel business purpose; or
- To gather information to intentionally intrude on the privacy of individuals.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
Bay Plaza Hotel’s business purposes include:
- To operate CCTV Systems as a deterrent to ‘would be’ offenders committing crimes and to gather evidentiary material confirming criminal acts or events;
- Gathering information to:
- assist investigations into crime, mal-practice, employee or guest actions, or incidents involving harm to any person and loss or damage to property; and
- Support any procedural, employment or legislative process related to requisite policies or procedures
- Secure evidentiary information for inclusion onto crime reporting platforms;
- Assist us in ensuring security, health & safety and customer protection at the Bay Plaza Hotel site;
- Assist us, our service providers and any other persons or entities with whom we agree to share information relevant to monitoring anti-social behaviour and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or anti-social behaviour;
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- For any specific purpose which we notify you at the time your personal information is collected; and
- For our administrative purposes.
We may disclose information about you:
- To our service providers;
- If we are requested to do so during legal proceedings or other investigations;
- To law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other parties, where required by law;
- To third parties where necessary to assist us in investigating or preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or anti-social behaviour; or
- With your authorisation.
CCTV System Information Security
The Bay Plaza Hotel will ensure that information collected through the CCTV Systems is protected by security safeguards that are reasonable in the circumstances to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
This includes the CCTV Systems operating and recording information independently on site to mitigate safety, security and compliance risks with gathered information stored on digital electronic storage media. CCTV Systems and stored media will be:
- Access/password protected;
- Secured in cabinets or secure office; and
- Under the management and control of Bay Plaza Hotel Managers.
How you can amend your personal information
If you wish to obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you and to access that information, or you wish to request a correction to your personal information that we hold, please contact us at email@example.com
If you request access to, or a copy of, your personal information, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
If you request a correction to the personal information we hold for you, and we agree that your personal information needs correcting, an amended record of your personal information will be provided back to you. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of correction sought but not made.
How long we hold your personal information
We will determine how long we hold your personal information, except that we will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which we may lawfully use it.
Who you can contact for further information
Alternatively, you could write to us at:
Bay Plaza Hotel
PO Box 9470
This Policy is governed by the laws of New Zealand.