Our commitment to your privacy
We value your trust and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website, stay at the hotel, dine with us, or contact us in any way.
We will only deal with your personal information in accordance with the
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our services, we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- contact information
- computer or network
- billing or purchase information
- your credit card number, name on your card, expiry date and card verification code (CVC) code.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information".
How do we collect your personal data?
The ways in which we may collect your personal data include (but are not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly from you or your authorised representatives:
- you signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- you visiting our websites, hotels, etc;
- you making a reservation or staying in our properties which we own and operate;
- you dining in our food and beverage outlets;
- you applying for a job with us;
- you participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- you using our products or services;
- you contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- completing of transactions;
- market research or surveys;
- conducting interviews.
Your Personal Information may also be collected from other booking sites (where you have booked accommodation through a third party website such as Expedia, or Booking.com) also third parties that you authorise us to contact, or by agents who are authorised by you to provide such information, or as otherwise permitted by the Act.
What kind of purposes do we collect your personal data for?
In general, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- do something that relates directly to our business
- conducting and completing transactions
- managing your reservation in any of our hotels, dining in our food and beverage outlets, or staying in properties that we own and operate
- providing customer service
- conducting market research and improving customer service
- conducting marketing promotions, newsletters, marketing materials, offering promotions and loyalty programs
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements
- maintaining investor relations
- performing evaluations.
We will only use, disclose and/or transfer your personal data for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- trusted third parties such as the NZ Police or IRD that work on our behalf to take any actions connected to collection of services .
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them.
We require any third parties to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter a certain type of information, we will be unable to provide specific services.
We keep your information safe by storing it in encrypted files and allowing only authorised staff to use it.
We keep your information up to seven years at which point we securely destroy it by erasing digital traces, some appropriate encrypted files are securely stored on our property management system, manual documents are shredded.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at:
email@example.com or 04 385 7799, or Bay Plaza Hotel – PO BOX 9470, Wellington
If you have chosen to opt in (via feedback or registration card on check in) to our e-newsletter distribution list you will receive email marketing communications and surveys. You can choose to remove yourself from these communications by following the "unsubscribe" prompt at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites, or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites. Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular reports);
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preference that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site;
- Provide more targeted information where appropriate.
How to control cookies
You can adjust your web browser settings for cookies, for example if you wanted to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. However, if you do this, you may experience a loss in functionality on our website. You can find more information on adjusting cookie settings for your specific browser by using Google search.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies
We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Google Analytics – to keep track of website traffic reports.
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our site
- You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
This Policy is governed by the laws of New Zealand.